ECB ACO represents Scorers and Umpires and is responsible for the recruitment, training and development of all officials for and on behalf of the national governing body, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
Constitution & Rules - click here to view
Appointments & Protocol - click here to view
Staffordshire ECB ACO Performance Improvement Objectives for 2014 - click here to view
Our Aim is to develop confident, competent umpires and scorers to manage and guide cricket matches at every level from ‘Playground to Test Arena'.
Our Commitment is to provide a 'pathway' of training and development to enable everyone, including you, to progress at your own pace, to whatever level you aspire, be it at school, club, County or International level.
Our Structure relies on the support of our core volunteer work-force, consisting of 300 regional and county officers who arrange and manage our training and development programmes locally. ECB ACO is established as an independent association with the wholehearted support of the ECB.
The Staffordshire ACO is the County arm of the ECB ACO and contact details for all of the officials within this assosiation can be found by clicking here
If you are interested in becoming a member of the ACO please download the application forms below. Please note that if you are due to do the Level 1 umpiring course, please contact Derek Bloor (Staffs Education Officer) at email@example.com before applying for this membership.
Benefits to ECB ACO membership are as follows:
• Membership of the national association for umpires and scorers
• Insurance. As an ECB ACO member, you’ll receive cover regardless of your age
• CRB/DBS. To become an ECB ACO member, you have to complete a CRB form
• Access to ACO merchandise and clothing ECB ACO ( you will need your unique ECB ACO membership number to make a purchase)
• Newsletters. Arriving on your doorstep four times a year, the newsletter caters for both scorers and umpires.
• Appointments. Officiating at varying levels, all appointments to ECB competitions are made, which as a member, you will have access to.
• Mentoring and Coaching. To assist your development, we offer coaching and mentoring as you go through the umpire and scorer pathways
• Observation of Performance and Grading. You can be observed and graded at any point during the season which more often than not, provides you with constructive feedback
• Asics offer. As a member you can buy Asics cricket and running shoes at trade prices. You will need your unique ECB ACO membership to make a purchase
Annual General Meeting 2016 Documentation
2016 Annual report by County Performance & Development Officer click here
County Appointments Officer Report click here
Treasurers report click here
Chairmans report click here
Staffs ACO Accounts 2016 click here