If you are looking for advice on welfare with regard to Clubmark, DBS checks (previously known as CRB) or appointing a club welfare officer then please contact your Club and Community Development Officer and they will be happy to help you.

Club Welfare Officers

Every club is required to have a 'Welfare Officer' and they need to have the following three things in place.

- A current ECB DBS (formerly known as CRB) check

- Have attended the ECB Safe Hands Course

- Have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course

Please ensure that your welfare officer is fully updated with these courses and if you need any help with these, please contact your development officer (see below)

More information on forthecoming courses is available in the 'welfare courses' section.

Club and Community Development Officers

Jenny Moore (Stafford, Newcaslte, Staffs Moorlands, Stoke on Tremt, East Staffordshire clubs) - j.moore@staffordshirecricket.co.uk

Kevin Herbert (Black Country, South Staffordshire, Cannock and Rugeley, Tamworth and Lichfield clubs) - k.herbert@staffordshirecricket.co.uk


If you have Child Safeguarding concerns you should:

  • Report any information or concerns to your Club Welfare Officer
  • Ensure that you have obtained as much information about your concerns or an incident as possible
  • Complete an Incident Reporting Form (195 KB) and submit it to the County Welfare Officer (see below)
  • Ensure that any umpire reports or statements accompany this information
  • Contact the Police/Ambulance/Children’s Social Care/LADO immediately if any child is in danger or has been hurt at the club and then report the matter to the County Welfare Officer

County Welfare Officer

Our County Welfare Officer is Tim Bailey 

His telephone number should you need it is 07966 935817

Incident Reporting


League Discipline

Until the introduction of the ECB Safe Hands Policy it was the responsibility of a League to discipline any person who had offended against a person regardless of age.

However, with the introduction of the ECB Safe Hands Policy it is not the responsibility of those in cricket to determine whether abuse of a child or young person has taken place but it is their responsibility to report it.

Any incident that takes place during the course of a cricket match that results in verbal, physical or sexual assault on a person under the age of 18 years must be referred to the County Welfare Officer for advice. An Incident Reporting Form (195 KB) must be completed.