The ECB Coaches Association (ECB CA) provides access to the latest thinking and ideas as well as contact with like-minded coaches working to help each other with the simplest of questions right through to comprehensive insurance and legal support if you require it.
There is access to discounted coaching kit and equipment, which will help you keep your sessions fresh and interesting, as well as the popular ECB CA three lions clothing range – which only ECB CA members can wear.
Apply for ECB CA membership
To join the ECB CA you need:
- To hold a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Award or an ECB Level 1 NCA Teaching Award (international equivalent permitted)
- An up-to-date ECB Vetting Check (DBS Check)
If you need a DBS form, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for one to be sent to you. Alternatively call TMG on 0115 969 4603.
The cost of becoming an ECB CA Member is only £30 by direct debit or £37 by cheque per annum.
Apply for ECB Coaches Association membership.
All ECB Coaches Association applicants must read and abide by the ECB coaches' code of conduct (PDF 806KB).
Join today and access the benefits
Wings to Fly – available on DVD and on icoachcricket
- Access to the latest thinking from top coaches and players around the world, at all levels of the game
- Access practical ideas to apply to your everyday coaching. Challenge your thinking and practice whilst observing other coaches and their approach. Gain a unique, behind the scenes insight into the leading top coaches and players in the world
- Never be short of ideas and ways of delivering really interesting and enjoyable coaching sessions
- Easily digestible chapters for simplicity of use
- Up-to-date coaching methods and styles presented by top coaches and players
Coaches Matter – available on icoachcricket
- Coaches Matter bulletins provide easily interpreted technical information and practices for coaches to share with players
- A poster for you to display at your club or school
Hitting the Seam – available in print and on icoachcricket
- Practical ideas and practices for you to use
- Community and elite coaching news updates
- ECB CA Support Centre and membership updates
Coaching Insight – available in print and on icoachcricket
- Cricket reports from the ECB
- Technical bulletin round-ups
- Articles on coaching
CA inspire – available on icoachcricket
- Mini-programmes and series designed to support your coaching
ECB CA Forum – available on icoachcricket
- Communicate and share with other ECB CA members online
Local CA county support
Every county has a vibrant network that can provide you with support and ideas. Spend time talking and learning with other coaches within your county. Your local CA keeps you up to date with regular communications and a calendar of local events.
The ECB CA provides you with insurance and enables you to concentrate on developing your new skills.
- Public Liability - The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property - £5,000.000 - limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability - The members legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions - £10,000,000 - limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident - A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures - £300
- Legal Expenses - Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline - Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year
Come and spend some time with top coaches and players from around the globe delivering practical and theory sessions.
The conference includes
- Conference pack
- Conference dinner, with the presentation of the Annual Coach of the Year Awards
- 4-star accommodation